Fascias, Soffits, Guttering, Boxboards, Bargeboards & Weatherboard
Chelmsford Roofline Ltd would like to thank our friends and Chelmsford neighbours at Multi Building Services for welcoming us onto their website to promote our products and services.
A Quick Guide to Roofline Products
Reputable Essex builders like Multi Building Services will always tell you what they are doing and why they are doing it. Chelmsford Roofline are just the same and we will never try to sell something that is not needed
- Fascias – The fascia looks a bit like a skirting board and is found at the top of the exterior wall. Fascias protect the roof space from rain, wind, sleet and snow.
- Soffits – Soffits run at 90° to the fascia and fill the gap between the fascia and the roof. Soffits are usually fitted with air vents to provide ventilation to the roof space and loft.
- Guttering and Downpipes – Guttering and downpipes clear excess water away from the roof and walls. Leaking and damaged guttering and downpipes create no end of problems to brickwork and mortar.
- Bargeboards – Bargeboards hang from the eaves and protect the roof rafters at the gable end of a building.
- Boxboards – Boxboards form a weatherproof seal between fascias, soffits and bargeboards.
- Weatherboard – weatherboard cladding is a practical and a decorative feature that protects exposed brickwork and timber from the elements.
New and Replacement Soffits, Fascias, Bargeboads & Boxboards
Traditionally fascias, soffits and bargeboards have been made of wood. Wood works well as long as it is well-maintained and needs to be re-painted every five or six years to remain adequately weatherproof. This can be expensive, time consuming and, when attempted by an enthusiastic amateur, it can be dangerous.
Modern PVC-u fascias and soffits are maintenance free and built to last. Chelmsford Roofline installs Eurocell fascias and soffits that come with a 20 year guarantee against warping, cracking and discoloration. In reality uPVC roofline products will last a lot longer than that and, when the day finally comes, Eurocell products are 100% recyclable making them as environmentally friendly as traditional wooden fascias and soffits.
Eurocell Fascias come in a wide choice of colours including wood-effect finishes and are available in 18mm standard or 16mm ogee styling. Soffits come in matching colours and may be standard or lightweight with a choice of ventilation. Chelmsford Roofline will help you decide on the right soffit ventilation specifically for your home.
Matching Guttering, Contrasting Guttering
Chelmsford Roofline guttering and downpipes are made to last. Made from high impact UPVC, new and replacement guttering is available in half round, square line and decorative ogee styling. Chelmsford Roofline offers the same great choice of colours for guttering as it does for fascias and soffits with the addition of a cast iron effect finish that beautifully contrasts with other colours.
Weatherboard and Cladding in Essex
Weatherboard cladding protects buildings from the weather. It is particularly effective in damp climates and offers effective protection for coastal properties where high salt-content spray can be damaging. Weatherboard is used for its simple elegance and modern designs and the latest technology have turned weatherboard into an art form.
Chelmsford Roofline use Cedral weatherboard from Marley Eternit. Cedral weatherboard is made from fibre cement and is the perfect alternative to timber and PVCu cladding. Cedral weatherboard is fire resistant and does not shrink, rot or warp.
Cedral weatherboard is available in an impressive range of styles and colours including classic white, Atlas brown, oriental green and lilac blue. Wood stain options in light & dark oak, ebony and natural pine are also available and unlike PVCu cladding, fibre cement weatherboard can be painted in any colour you choose.
If you cannot find what you are looking for on our website, give us a call on 01245 861168 and our friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions.
2 Harvey Close,
Nevendon Industrial Estate,
Essex, SS13 1EY